Write an essay that compares and contrasts some of the features of Australia’s health care system, with those of a different country’s health care system. The essay must address the following points: 1. Discuss the overall structure of the Australia
1. An essay in Word document format must be submitted electronically via Brightspace by
0900hrs 26th August 2016
2. The electronic filename of the essay is in the following format:
Family name_student number_assessment task identifier
e.g. Baker_Bak12345_Australian Health Care Essay
Only assignments containing this file name format are marked.
3. The student keeps a file copy of their essay
4. Late essay submissions are only accepted if accompanied by an Application for Deferred Assessment and/or Application for Special Consideration and supporting documentation.
5. For each day the essay submission is late without supporting documentation, 10% of the final essaygrade is deducted, for up to five days.
6. Eligibility for essay resubmission is only available for students who achieve > 30% grade.
7. Resubmission of essays graded >30% but <50% is required within two weeks of notification by the subject teacher.
8. The maximum mark for a resubmitted assignment is 50%. The subject teacher will email information regarding resubmission requirements.
9. Students must achieve an overall grade of >50% to pass the essay requirement.
Please refer the 2016 Student Handbook and contact the subject teacher for information
about late submission, resubmission eligibility requirements, Deferred Assessment and Special Consideration applications.
Academic writing requirements
Word document, Arial font size 12, 1.5 line spacing. The electronic filename includes family name_ID_taskformat (see above Submission Guidelines). The filename is included in the header or footer of each page. Word count is included.
Formal academic writing is objective, uses the third person perspective, uses standard English, sentence structure, grammar and punctuation and specialised vocabulary. It avoids slang, colloquialisms, idioms, generally vague statements or judgmental language. Please refer to the Academic Skills Unit (ASU) teachers for assistance if required.
Referencing guidelines and requirements
All material, information and ideas presented in the essay are cited using APA 6 referencing.
In-text references and a separate page reference list are required.
A minimum of 15 references cited. All material, information and ideas presented in the essay are sourced appropriately from journal articles, academic textbooks (less than five years since publication) and websites.
Suitable and appropriate websites contain a high-level domain name endings such as .edu, .gov, .org or .net. These name endings indicate the material is produced by a recognised, peer-reviewed and reputable organisation or published author.
Write an essay that compares and contrasts some of the features of Australia’s health care system, with those of a different country’s health care system.
The essay must address the following points:
1. Discuss the overall structure of the Australian health care system compared to the other country’s health care system.
2. Examine the funding models for both health care systems; reviewing the roles and contributions of the government, private insurance companies and the individual.
3. Compare and contrast the health outcomes of each health care system to global averages.
4. Identify health care policies and the social impact of health care delivery to Indigenous populations or minorities groups within each country.
5. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of both health care systems.
6. Outline one primary health care, a preventative health care program or a health promotion program that highlights the Australian health