Examples of research objectives:
Business/Decision Problem – Johnny’s Sporting Goods Store would like to update its packaging material because they developed a new product line.
- Research Objective 1 – Determine the consumer’s requirements and expectations of the packaging material for the new product line.
- Research Objective 2 – Evaluate the effectiveness of different packaging designs and products (recycled, cardboard, plastic, foam, etc.
Business/Decision Problem – Trinity Methodist Church would like to increase local traffic to the website.
- Research Objective 1 – Measure website awareness/visibility by using Google Analytics
- Research Objective 2 – Isolate the target population (church goers) opportunity by determining if the opportunity is largest among new visitors (reach) or existing visitors (frequency).
- Research Objective 3 – Evaluate the effectiveness of the current strategies used to drive consumers to the website.
Business/Decision Problem – Sharky’s Bar & Grille would like to improve employee morale.
- Research Objective 1 – Measure the current level of employee morale at Sharky’s.
- Research Objective 2 – Identify causal issues effecting employee morale (required dress code, shift hours, pay, benefits, etc.).
- Research Objective 3 – Determine the best solutions for addressing the issues effecting employee morale at Sharky’s.