In a nutshell, a portfolio is a collection of your “greatest hits.” For this class, you will choose two essays completed this semester and write a memo to accompany them. You will also need to provide evidence of revision for each project and reflect on how they represent personal progress toward course learning outcomes. The purpose for completing this portfolio is to give you an opportunity to reflect on what you’ve learned this semester.
What do I need to include in my portfolio?
- Memo (see attached Samole). After you’ve decided which projects to include in your portfolio, you will craft a 1 to 2-page, single -spaced memo that begins by explaining why you chose to include these two pieces in your portfolio. You will also describe how completing these projects has helped you master the eight learning outcomes for the course. It is up to you to determine how to organize the content in a manner that will make sense to the reader. Additionally, please address your memo in the following manner: To the ENG 2322 Portfolio Assessment Committee.
Learning Outcomes ( Must include what it has been achieved in of these in the memo_
Upon completion of ENG 2322 (Research Writing), students will be able to
- Determine appropriate rhetorical techniques to apply in response to rhetorical situations
- Use the writing process to discover and reassess ideas
- Compose valid arguments in multiple modalities
- Support arguments with appropriate types of evidence
- Evaluate sources for accuracy and authority
- Navigate print and digital repositories of information
- Use the rhetorical situation to determine the appropriate citation system
- Describe how inquiry contributes to a life of significance and worth