Learning Goal: I’m working on a writing discussion question and need an explanation to help me learn.
Respond to the following:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
War on Terror
- How can consumers of news and analysis on the subject of terrorism best assure that they are receiving accurate and informed content, whether they are drawing from cable, broadcast, print, or internet-based sources?
- In what ways does reporting on terrorism help or hinder the so-called “war on terror”? Explain your answer in full, and use citations to support your position.
- Your main post should be at least 250 words in length, in APA format, and include citations and references, as needed.
- Beckman,K., Dewenter, R. & Thomas, T. (2017). Can News Draw Blood? The Impact of Media Coverage on the Number and Severity of Terror Attacks. (Links to an external site.) Peace Economics, Peace Science & Public Policy. Vol 23, Issue 1, pp. 1-16. Retrieved from http://vlib.excelsior.edu/login?url=http://search….
- Holman, E. A., Garfin, D. R., & Silver, R. C. (2014). Media’s role in broadcasting acute stress following the Boston Marathon bombings. (Links to an external site.) Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 111(1), 93–98. Retrieved from http://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1316265110
- Public Radio International. (2017). PRI’s The World, 5 June 2017. (Links to an external site.) Literature Resource Center. Retrieved from https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-06-06/columnist-says-media-s-coverage-terror-attacks-london-helping-terrorists.
- White, J. (2017). Terrorism and Homeland Security. Cengage, Boston, MA.