Video: Mt. St. Helens
- Why are biologists interested in visiting Mt. St. Helens after the eruption?
- What did the scientists do in order to monitor the volcano after they realized there was potential activity in its crater? What did they learn from doing this?
- How did the bacteria in Spirit Lake make life impossible there? Why was the discovery of phytoplankton in the lake so important?
- Why was the volcanic activity in 2005 (lava spines) different than that of the 1980 explosive eruption?
- What is the take home message from the decades of ecological work on Mt. St. Helens?