- · to give you the opportunity to experience the research process in a systematic, supervised way, from start to finish.
- · to foster autonomous research skills
- · to enable you to contribute to the knowledge base underpinning the nursing care of
mental health service users by completing a master’s dissertation project.
- · to promote scholarly activity necessary to produce a substantial research report
approaching publishable standard and expanding / redefining current knowledge;
- · to develop skills in planning, managing and critically reviewing the research process
Your assessment task requires you to produce a detailed, analytical account of an independent project focused on improving care
One of three options is available:
- · a systematic literature review on your chosen topic or
- · a research proposal to investigate a question relevant to your field of nursing or
- · a service development project to enhance the experience of service users