“The Ninny” English Lesson 4
1. According to the governess, how much should she be paid per month?
2. Name three reasons why the employer subtracts money from the governess’s salary.
3. How does the governess behave as the employer goes over their accounts?
4. What amount is left after the accounting?
5. How much money does the employer actually pay the governess?
6. Why does the governess not protest her employer’s actions?
7. Why does the employer trick the governess?
8. How would you help a friend like the governess stand up for himself or herself if, for example, this person were not rewarded as had been promised for doing extra work?