The Indian Removal Act of 1830 Read the following primary source:
· Transcript of President Andrew Jackson’s Message to Congress ‘On Indian Removal’ (1830)Links to an external site.
Then, address the following:
· Evaluate the rationale that President Jackson used in the removal of the Native Americans from east of the Mississippi River. Did the removal have the intended impact?
· Identify the responsibilities given to the President under the Indian Removal Act of 1830.
· Compare Jackson’s actions toward Native Americans in the context of his First Inaugural Address with the path of events during the Trail of Tears.
· Determine if the removal of the Native Americans from east of the Mississippi River violate the principles found in the Declaration of Independence?