Please watch from time index 10:46 to 36:05 and answer the following questions.
1) Find Issyk Kul on google maps, then Feodosia (modern day Kaffa) on the Black Sea. Then scroll west to Avignon, France to get a view of the distance covered by the Plague. (no response required)
2) How is the Bubonic Plague spread (what two life forms)?
3) What highly unusual method does the Mongol commander Janibeg use to spread the plague to the defenders of Kaffa?
4) Describe the sanitary condition of Europe at this time period in history.
5) view this map of the plague. What jumps out at your about this?
6) When the plague strikes Avignon, France, what radical solution is taken to dispose of the bodies?
7) Who are the victims of the Saint Valentines Massacre in Strasbourg, Germany in 1349? Did this stop the advance of the Plague?