Lesson Two is due at the end of course week seven. The Lesson Report assignment is generally
- Overall format (do not overuse: page breaks, excess line returns, or increased margins size), readable of your assignment, and citations. Include page footers and page numbers on all assignments.
- A unique Business Journal Article Critique Essay.
- Internship update summary of internship site activities:
- Hours (containing a statement of activities.
- Hours worked or volunteered.
- Submit the status of the three Internship SMART Objectives with supporting raw data. Additionally, submit a current analysis (a state where you are in completing the objective and what you have learned so far) of collected raw data. If the objective is complete, state so.
- To assist…review the SMART Objective Update Requirements Item found in the Lesson Tools.
The report includes the following components in this order (use a bold section header for each critical report element):
TRANSMITTAL LETTER: to the decision-maker (for this purpose that is the Professor) —watch the video found in Lesson Tools for more information.
TITLE PAGE: assignment title, plagiarism statement, and course information.
SECTION I: a short executive summary (ES) of the entire report —not to exceed (NTE) a half-page followed by a page break and NTE three paragraphs/single-spaced.
Executive Summary (ES) should answer this…if the decision-maker only reads your ES would decision-maker want to move on through your report, or could they make a decision based on your ES?
SECTION II: the unique business journal critique essay (the article provided as part of the assignment)—watch the video found in Lesson Tools for more information.
SECTION III: The Internship Site update.
- A current update of three internship objectives.
- Raw data proof of internship objective’s current status (analyze and graphically present raw data).
- Performance hours for the period and to date.
SECTION IV: Reference page, with references listed in APA format.
- Any appendices, if needed (outside sources must be referenced in the main report to be valid to report).
- Journal Critique 4 to 5 pages
- Site and Objectives update 4 to 5 pages
- Transmittal memorandum, cover page, and references are not in the page count
The completed report cites three outside sources. Two sources should be from reviewed business journals.
JOURNAL ARTICLE: “The Anatomy of a High Potential” by Doug Ready. Sign in to the CTC Library database to obtain the Article.