The Summation Assignment tests the student’s ability to look at three groups; leadership, management, and followership, and how these three groups’ collaboration efforts are affected in their place of employment, or have been affected in one of their previous places of employment. The student will use the concepts learned throughout the course to propose how changes in management and leadership styles could improve their current employment situation, or a previous employment situation. Some factors that should be considered are stress, replenishment, handling crises, selflessness, integrity, courage, wisdom, authority, responsibility, accountability, teamwork, vision, power types, ethics, communication differences, style of leaders or managers, lack of biblical beliefs, etc., or other factors that were discussed during the term. Whereas many of these concepts can affect leadership, management, and followership groups and their collaboration efforts, students will select 3-5 factors that the student believes had the most impact from their past experience. These factors will be discussed in detail in the summation.
Students will write an 800-1500 word paper. There will be a title page but no abstract.
The assignment will include a minimum of the following headings:
- Summation Assignment
- A short introduction/overview of the paper
- Concepts Affecting My Company
- A few important concepts you have learned from the textbook readings, presentations, and website and article readings. Use a different subheading for each concept.
- In the discussion of each concept, include why you believe these are or were the most important for your organization to consider.
- Include your recommendations for change for each concept presented
- A short review of the concepts discussed.
- References – minimum 4 total
- 3 peer-reviewed references from the University Online Library. Two of these references must have been published in the previous five years.
- 1 reference from the text.
Each post will be written in current APA format, use peer-reviewed scholarly journal articles and text references, and must also be written in a substantive manner without fragmented sentences, spelling errors, grammar mistakes, and APA formatting errors (no instant messaging language, please).
- Perform academic research to support your ideas by finding and utilizing 3 peer-reviewed sources in addition to assigned course readings in the text. Research should be performed in the Liberty University Online Library to ensure that peer-reviewed scholarly journal articles are chosen.
- Use current APA format.
- Write in third person.
- Write at graduate-level quality.
- The title page and reference list are not counted in the 800-1500 word count requirement.