For this assessment, assume you are the strategic analyst at your local community health care organization. The organizational leadership will soon be updating its strategic plan and would like the input of all department heads. The first step is to educate the department heads on strategic planning. The director of strategic planning has asked you to create an overview of strategic planning in health care to help the department heads better understand the process. You have to develop a PowerPoint presentation to be shown in the next department head meeting. The goal for the presentation is to provide refresher to those who are familiar with strategic planning and the process, while providing others who are newer to the process with an overview of the process and its importance for the future of the organization.When assembling your presentation, make an effort to construct your PowerPoint presentation in such a way (for example, using bullet points) that it highlights the key ideas and themes for each slide. The details and depth of your presentation should come from the notes section for each slide, which should reflect what you are saying in the recorded audio.You may organize your PowerPoint in any way that will effectively cover the scoring guide criteria presented in the Demonstration of Proficiency section.One suggested way to organize your presentation is:
- Title of the presentation (1 slide).
- Overview and definition of strategic planning specific to health care (2–3 slides).
- Theories and best practices in health care strategy that drive quality and improvement for health care organizations (3–4 slides).
- Role of leadership, strategic leadership, and differences between the two (1–2 slides).
- Phases and components of strategic planning (1–2 slides).
- An overview of key stakeholders (1–2 slides).
- How strategy aligns with the mission and vision of the health care organization (1–2 slides).
- Reference slide formatted using APA format.
- Structure: Include a title slide and reference slide.
- Length: 10–16 slides.
- Duration of audio recording: 10–15 minutes.
- References: At least three current scholarly or professional resources.
- Format: Use the current APA style and format for reference slide and in-text citations only.
- Font: Use a font that is consistent with the expectations of your organization, for example, Times New Roman, Arial, or Calibri.