there are essay questions that have to be answered. also, easy English and no copying from google unless is quoted.
For this assignment, you’ll be keeping track of your sleep habits and your dreams in order to analyze your sleep habits and examine dream theories. To begin, make a copy of this sleep log.
- Describe circadian rhythms and how they affect our lives.
- Review what happens during the various stages of sleep.
- Compare and contrast the key factors and theories concerning sleep and dreams.
Based on your sleep/dream journal and what you have learned about the purpose of dreaming, write a 2-3 page paper about your own sleep habits.
Step 1: Track Your Dreams.
Keep track of your sleep habits and dreams for a MINIMUM of 3 days.
- While it’s not guaranteed you will remember your dreams, you can take some steps to help. Begin by telling yourself you want to remember your dream, then print off the sleep/dream journal and have paper and a pen (or your phone) next to your bed right when you wake up. Try to review the dream in your head as soon as you wake up, and consider specifics such as the people involved, the location and setting, the storyline, or how you felt.
Step 2. Reflect and Record.
Your essay should include:
- An analysis of your sleep habits. Do you go to bed at the same time every night? How many hours a night do you normally sleep? How could you be a better sleeper? Do you notice any patterns? What concepts from your text might apply to your sleep habits?
- An analysis of your dreams. Why do you usually dream? Are there any patterns or reoccurring themes? Is there any consistency between the things you do during the day and the dreams you have? *If you cannot remember your dreams, you can skip this part and spend more time focusing on the steps above and below.
- Your conclusion as to what is the MAIN purpose that we dream and why. Consider the theories presented in your readings.