Directions: Follow the download step and then fully answer each of the questions.
First: Download the enclosed image. Using a search tool, locate the enclosed list of words in the image.
After doing the above, answer/do the following questions/prompts:
- Record the offset or screen shot of their location and place them in a document.
- Identify and discuss three examples of how searching for a string or part of a string can be valuable in an investigation?
- Describe a strategy for searching a device with only part of a person’s name. In describing the strategy, address what you would look for and why and how you would search if the partial name was found on a deleted document. Also discuss two pros and two cons of this strategy.
- Discuss the particularity requirement of the fourth amendment and its application to computer searches. Specifically, assuming that a person who is subject to the search and seizure of their computer as a reasonable expectation of privacy in the contents of the computer (therefore requiring a warrant), how should the particularity requirement be applied to computer searches?
- Describe why establishing a baseline in memory forensics is important; and equally, describe how rogue processes are identified and why is it important to understand them.