Reflection is regarded as an imperative issue in nursing education as reflection can improve the ability of critical thinking in students. Reflective writing is a strategy to attain reflection; it improves self-awareness, problem solving ability, and critical thinking.
· Examine the contributions of research to advance nursing knowledge and practice.
· Critically appraise current evidence-based research to determine the validity and reliability of the findings as it applies to nursing practice
· Apply the findings from evidence-based research to promote clinical best practices in nursing
· Develop strategies to increase the utilization of research findings in nursing practice
· Evaluate the reporting of evidence-based research to determine the legal and ethical conduct in the protection of human subjects.