This journal assignment will help you reflect on your learning objectives from your practicum placement. As you move through the semester, keep these reflections in mind and strive towards accomplishing them.
Complete the Reflective Journal assignment using the topic assigned. The journal must be a minimum of 3 paragraphs, each paragraph must be a minimum of 10 sentences in length. The first paragraph should contain a description of the event, activity, or interaction that pertains to the topic. Be specific and detailed to give a clear understanding of the event, activity or interaction you have selected.
The second paragraph should contain one NAEYC Sub-Standard (ex. 4b) from the standard summary document that is attached to the assignment. You should reflect upon how this sub-standard is applicable/appropriate to the first paragraph. Give detailed information that relates the NAEYC sub-standard you selected to the event, activity, or interaction from the first paragraph.
The third paragraph is your chance to reflect on the event, activity, or interaction. As you reflect, think about what you learned, what could have been done better or differently, or what went exceptionally well. Perhaps this will cause you to change your practice with children and families. Remember this is your chance to respond honestly and think about your role as an early childhood professional. How have you grown as a professional? These are all suggested to help you reflect, it is not necessary to include all the suggestions in your reflective paragraph.
Think about the play-based, integrated learning. You have completed two lesson plans at this point, reflect upon the process of planning and implementing lesson plans for young children that are play-based and grounded in active learning.
- 20 points are deducted if an NAEYC Sub-Standard is not included in the second paragraph.
- 20 points are deducted if the sub-standard is included but it is not relevant to the event, activity, or interaction.
- 10 points are deducted if three paragraphs are not included
- 10 points are deducted if the 10 sentence minimum requirement is not met in all three paragraphs.
- 15 points are deducted for spelling and grammar
- 25 points are deducted if the event, activity, or interaction does not relate to the given topic.
So far children have learned about the season fall, different balls used in sports, different fruits, and about fire fighters, emergency and their job. Please write journal and play based integrated activity based upon one of the following.