These papers can be used in your clinical journal for your final graduation. An amendment if you have the chance to observe a related procedure in clinic must be added. This is strictly the discussion for journal entry. Must add any and all clinical observation to journal entry before turning in for final grade if applicable.
Formal Paper Guidelines:
- Title page
- Reference page – AMA Format
- Paper should be around 500-750 words
- Paper should contain an introduction, a body, and a conclusion
- Images, diagrams, and charts can be used within the body of the paper but must be referenced at the image and in the reference page
- Pages need to be numbered
Formal paper is due 10 days before the semester ends.
Submission after this date will result in cumulative deduction of 10% per calendar day.
No submissions will be allowed after the semester ends.
Any submissions that are made as a PowerPoint will not be accepted for credit.
Project/paper expectations are outlined in the “expectations and grading rubric” documents
Correct spelling, proper grammatical nature, and punctuation are expected.
Radiation Oncology I Project
Write about each of the following topics:
- D1: X-Ray production and Machine Output
- Ionization chamber measurement
- Effects of kVp, mA, exposure time
- Effects of filtration
- Measurement of half-value layer
- R4: Leakage Radiation from Linacs
- Anticipated radiation fields
- Detector types and calibrations
- AAPM recommendations
- Measurement and analysis
- Neutron Leakage
All required papers may be subject to submission for textual similarity review to the plagiarism detection software used by the University for the detection of plagiarism. All papers submitted for such checking will be included as source documents in the reference database for the purpose of detecting plagiarism of papers subsequently submitted to the system.