APA format – 10 pages – 4 references minimum
QUALITY RISK MANAGEMENT PLAN
For your final Portfolio Project, you will write a paper based on the following case study scenario: Interim Bulletin: Wrong Route Administration of an Oral Drug into a Vein
Your goal is to address the areas of risk and quality improvement related to healthcare/medical errors, as well as to safeguard future patients from having their safety compromised like what occurred in this case study.
Your quality and risk management plan must include:
- A root-cause analysis;
- At least two recommendations for improvement;
- Identification of all employees’ roles in your analysis;
- An assessment of what the facility can do going forward to create a culture of quality and safety;
- Quality, risk, and performance improvement diagrams and charts (e.g., a fishbone or other visual forms of root cause analysis, Pareto chart, tables, etc.) to support your analysis; and
- A commentary that relates the case broadly to what has been covered throughout the course and describes the roles played by quality and regulation to prevent occurrences such as the case described.