Select a current public health issue from the Healthy People website.
Once you have picked a public health issue, read through all areas of the topic page, including the Overview, Objectives, and Interventions & Resources, to have a thorough understanding of the health problem and what is being done to reduce its impact on communities.
Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation with speaker notes and recorded audio using the following guidelines for creating your presentation:
- Title slide (1 slide)
- Introduction slide (1 slide)
- Provide a summary of the selected public health issue, including the affected population(s) (Overview tab). (1–2 slides)
- Discuss what local, state, and/or federal government health programs are responsible for addressing the issue. (1 slide)
- Discuss what non-governmental agencies are assisting in addressing the issue. (1 slide)
- Give an explanation of the need for collaboration between government and non-governmental stakeholders. (1–2 slides)
- Propose a minimum of three evidence-based solutions that could be used to address the health issue (use the Interventions & Resources tab to assist). (2–3 slides)
- Describe the challenges the stakeholders face when implementing evidence-based solutions, including but not limited to reaching the affected population(s) (target audience) and funding. (1 slide)
- Conclusion (1 slide)
- Format references in 7th edition APA style. (as many slides as needed)
- Your submission is created in a Microsoft PowerPoint® presentation.
- To meet the objective requirements, your presentation is at least 10 slides in length, and your oral report is at least 3 minutes in length.
- Your submission includes specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements to demonstrate mastery of the objective.
- Your oral communication uses Standard English and includes a highly developed and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Communication is highly ordered, logical, and unified.
- Oral delivery techniques, including word choice and oral expressiveness, display exceptional content, organization, and style while leading the audience to a dynamic and supported conclusion.
- A document or presentation slide is submitted that contains a list of references for all sources used following proper APA citation style.
- Please review the APA formatting and citation style in Academic Tools – Academic Write