GVT UNIT 2 PPT
Unit II PowerPoint Presentation Civil Liberties v. Civil Rights: Create a PowerPoint slide show explaining what Civil Liberties and Civil Rights are.
Your slide show should consist of 10-14 slides (not including a title slide and reference slide which you must have) and should include, but not be limited to:
• Definition of civil liberties and discuss how these rights are protected on a federal and state level
• Definition of civil rights and discuss how these rights are protected on a federal and state level
• Two cases involving civil liberties taken up by the Supreme Court from 1800-2005
• Two cases involving civil rights taken up by the Supreme Court from 1800-2005
• One case involving civil liberties ruled on by the Supreme Court in the last 2 years
• One case involving civil rights ruled on by the Supreme Court in the last 2 years
• One leader of civil liberty causes
• One leader of civil rights causes (within the last 5 years)
• Two pictures
• Explanation of how each of these Supreme Court decisions have influenced minority groups, and the effects they have had on the struggles for equal rights
• The status of equal rights today
You may include additional information you feel is relevant, but do not create more than 14 slides. Remember that you must include a title slide and proper APA reference slide in addition to the 10-14 slides. Use your creativity, and organize the material in a logical and understandable manner. Please feel free to use the notes portion of each slide as well.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CLOSELY.
PLEASE USE 3 OTHER REFERENCES INCLUDING THE TEXTBOOK LISTED BELOW.
Patterson, T. (2013). The American democracy (11th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, Inc.