• There are many personality characteristics that can help someone be successful at work. They include
learning how to manage emotions, being ethical, and learning how to deal with stress.
• Other factors to career success might include the ability to set goals, make decisions, and deal with
• Knowing which of these things you are good at and which need work is an important part to making sure
you continually grow professionally and personally.
• Getting a mentor, that is, someone who can guide you through your career, is also a valuable tool for
making sure you experience career growth.
• Continually learning is another way to grow in your career. Make sure you stay updated on new
technologies and discoveries in your field. This can happen through formal training courses or reading
publications from your industry.