Please type your personal statement of not more than 500 words addressing the following questions. Please attach your typed personal statement to the application form.
1. Why do you want to be a social worker?
2. What type of social work do you want to practice?
3. What population do you want to serve and in what work setting?
4. What personal qualities do you possess which will assist you in the social work profession?
5. Please include information about your experience with and commitment to serving people of color.
EXPERIENCE: Please describe your experience working with people of color. The department is interested in your experience relating to people of color at all levels of an organization. The context or environment is more important than the type of work. For example, work experience in a restaurant where all staff including managers are people of color is preferable to experience at a social service agency where only the clients are people of color, but the staff and managers are not. List additional experience or provide supplementary information on a separate page as needed