- Understand the concept of process selection, forecasting, capacity planning, production forecast methods and schedule operations.
- Apply knowledge and skills to optimize production objective of maximizing profits using qualitative and quantitative techniques in related areas of operations management.
- Exhibit the knowledge of lean system, quality controls and green systems
Workers should be given more control over the inspection for their own work. Discuss the pros and cons of this situation?
- What are the advantages of Exponential smoothing over the Moving average and the Weighted moving average?
- Explain the aggregate planning strategy?
Sequence the jobs shown below by using a Gantt chart. Sequence the jobs in priority order 1, 2, 3, 4.
|Job Work Center/Machine Hours Due Date (days)|
|1||A/3, B/2, C/2||3|
|3||B/6, A/1, C/3||4|
|4||C/4, A/1, B/2||3|
- Using finite capacity scheduling, draw a Gantt chart for the schedule
- What is the make span?
- How much machine idle time is there?
- How much idle time (waiting time) is there for each job?
- When is each job delivered?
- Which department is the bottleneck?
- Calculate the machine utilization?