H.J., a 74-year-old black man, is a retired army military officer. His wife of more than 50 years passed away 4 years ago. He has 4 daughters and 2 sons who are all grown and married. He has 14 grandchildren with a great-grandchild on the way. His son brought him to the health care provider today because he is concerned his father has been more forgetful and is losing weight. H.J. has a history of coronary artery disease that is being managed with metoprolol XL (Lopressor) and aspirin. His son says that the knees are scraped from a recent fall.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
- Patient states, “I am doing fine. I just miss my wife and the fine meals she used to make.”
- His son says he has noticed his dad has been tightening his belt up to 2 notches.
- Patient states, “My children are worrying unnecessarily.”
- What level of assessment do you need to perform? and why
- How will your assessment be different from the assessment performed by the health care provider?
- What nursing diagnoses and problems do you feel exist for H.J.?
Please remember the discussion guidelines!