This assignment is set up as a test, so you will need to click the link above to get to the instructions.
For this assignment, you will calculate the par level for non-recycled inventory at the Xavier Hotel, based on the occupancy forecast.
For questions involving calculations, you are not required to show your work.
1.Non-recycled inventory is calculated based on the occupancy forecast, using the following steps:
- Total number of guestrooms × Forecast occupancy percentage ÷ 100 = Number of room-nights
- Number of room-nights × Number of items in a set = Number of items needed
The Xavier Hotel has 375 guestrooms, and each guestroom is set with two bars of soap. To calculate the number of bars of soap needed for the night of Sunday, November 1, when 43% of guestrooms are expected to be occupied, you would follow these steps:
- 375 guestrooms × 43 ÷ 100 = 161 room-nights
- 161 room-nights × 2 bars of soap in a set = 322 bars of soap needed
For each of the following nights, calculate the number of room-nights and the number of bars of soap needed, based on the occupancy forecast:
- Monday, November 2, 75% occupancy
- Tuesday, November 3, 81% occupancy
- Wednesday, November 4, 87% occupancy
- Thursday, November 5, 67% occupancy
- Friday, November 6, 90% occupancy
- Saturday, November 7, 100% occupancy
2.Calculate the total number of bars of soap the Xavier Hotel will need for the nights of November 1 through November 7. Remember to include the 322 bars of soap the hotel will need on November 1.
3.How many bars of soap are in a case? To find this information, visit the websites of hotel supply companies like American Hotel Register.
Include in your answer the product description and the amount of bars of soap that are in the case.
4.How many cases of bars of soap should the Xavier Hotel have in inventory for the week of November 1-November 7?
5.If the Xavier Hotel needs to order more cases of bars of soap, how much lead time should the hotel anticipate? To find this information, visit the websites of hotel supply companies like American Hotel Register.