Why did the management of the “Jewish question” vary in the East and West?
How did the invasion of Poland impact the international community?
1. What were the functions and roles of the SS?
2. How were the concentration camps organized?
3. What occurred when a prisoner or group of prisoners arrived at camp?
4. Which prisoners were the best-treated and why?
5. What comfort measures were available to prisoners early in concentration camp history?
Critical Thinking Questions
1. How did changes in the structure and function of concentration camps impact the eventual extermination camps?
2. How did the guards own prejudices impact residents of the camps?
3. What changes occurred as the number of concentration camp prisoners dramatically increased?
4. What did Eicke do and how did he impact the life of residents in the camps?
5. How was the asocial classification used in the camps?