Write an academic / term paper on any ONE of the following projects – particularly assess and critique the PMBOK © knowledge areas of:
|Project Risk Management||Plan Risk Management Identify Risks Risk Analysis Plan Risk responses Risk Control|
|Project Quality Management||Plan Quality Management Perform Quality Assurance Control Quality|
|Project Stakeholders Management||Identify Stakeholders Plan Stakeholder Management Manage Stakeholder Engagement Control Stakeholder Engagement|
Your paper MUST encompass all of the knowledge areas per table above as applied in any ONE of the projects below. Please note that application of PMBOK © processes in these knowledge areas in not mandatory but optional. The paper may adopt the writing style of narration / commentary in line with academic writing principles; and it is NOT intended to be an official project document. Actual project data should accompany commentary, where possible.
These sections may be included in the paper at your discretion:
Introduction / Executive Summary / Conclusion / Recommendations
If included, these sections DO count towards the total word count.
Choose any ONE of the following projects:
- National Children’s Hospital – Ireland
- Dublin Port Tunnel – Ireland
- Dublin Airport Terminal 2 – Ireland
- Dublin Airport Runway 2 – Ireland
- National Broadband project – Ireland
- Luas lines extensions project – Ireland
- Storm Ophelia 2017 – National Emergency Coordination Centre – UK & Ireland
The maximum word count of 3,500 words for your report has been chosen deliberately and is designed to encourage focused writing skills. As a general rule of thumb, a variation of +/-10% of the assigned word count will be tolerated. There are penalties for presenting work that is significantly longer or shorter than the established maximum and minimum. For example, a report between 5% and 9.9% longer or shorter than the upper or lower limit will incur a penalty of 5% of the available mark; greater than 10% longer or shorter than the upper or lower limit will incur a penalty of 10% of the available mark; and so on.
The Word Count DOES NOT include:
- Assessment Cover Sheet
- Table of contents and figures
- List of acronyms and abbreviations
The maximum number of appendices allowed is 5.
Acceptable format is MS Word or PDF which must be submitted via Moodle.
- Font: Calibri or Ariel, 12 pt.
- Spacing: 1.5 Line
- Notes – could be added in the page footer, if needed
- The tables and figures (if any) must be numbered and have a description
- Emphasis: Use sparingly, and if so, use bold.
- Do not underline.
- Page numbering: Footer – right hand side.
- It is best practice to include your full name and student number in the title of the document.
Standards for Sources:
All bibliographical references must follow the publication standards of the Harvard system.
Reference section: Full and alphabetical order list of references at the end of the report.
All referenced sources in text must be referenced using the Harvard system as set out in the Dorset College handbook: in parenthesis, author’s surname, year of publication, and page number or range.