MongoDB is a document-oriented NoSQL database organized around collections of documents.
The purpose of this assignment is to use MongoDB to create and manage hotel documents.
“Create Mongo Database, Collection, and Document” videos within the “Video Playlist: Relational Databases for Business Applications,” located in the topic Resources.
Suppose you work for a company that collects information about hotels. Data collected contains information such as name, address, room rates, room types, and amenities. Your company decides to use NoSQL MongoDB to capture this information.
Use MongoDB to do the following:
1. Create a new collection of hotel documents.
2. In the new collection, create a minimum of three hotel documents; for each document, capture the name, address, room rates and room types for a hotel.
3. Take a screenshot showing all the data.
4. Update the documents to add an array with three amenities (e.g., free Wi-Fi, breakfast) for each hotel. Hotels may have some amenities in common, but the combination must be unique for each of the three.
5. Take a screenshot showing all the data, including amenities.
6. Delete all the amenities from one hotel.
7. Take a screenshot showing all the data with amenities missing from one hotel.