Mr. Sweet, 38 years old, is brought to the Emergency Department unresponsive. He has a history of Type 1 diabetes and has been sick for the last 3 days. On admission his Blood sugar is 532, Potassium is 7.2 and ABG results include pH 7.08, Bicarb 12, and CO2 28. His VS are HR 116, BP 107/64, RR 36 Deep and rapid, and Temp 101.5. Answer the following questions:
- What interventions do expect to be ordered for Mr. Sweet? Why?
- What type of acid-base disturbance does he have?
- What do you think is Mr. Sweet’s Medical Diagnosis?
Case Study: A 16-year-old arrived at a local family planning clinic with pregnancy concerns due to unprotected intercourse. This encounter occurred two nights prior, and she believes she may be fertile but wants information regarding the “morning-after pill”.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
- What additional information should the nurse obtain during the assessment?
- What educational information should the nurse provide to the patient regarding emergency contraception treatment and the side effects?