Questions (Do Not Repeat the Questions in Your Paper or Number Your Responses and answer all questions in order)
1. Which of the following speech acts (forms) (select at least 2 different ones) have been used by President Trump: threats to national security, threats to individuals or groups, offensive speech, hate speech, indecent language, obscenity, and/or libel (or slander)? Describe two different ones he used and include a different actual example to support your responses.
2. Were the speech acts (forms) used by President Trump protected by the First Amendment? And were they unethical? Explain why or why not.
3. Should news outlets have disseminated President Trump’s speeches, remarks, or tweets which were false? Explain why or why not.
4. Should social network providers e.g., Facebook, Google, and Twitter etc. be able to censor (remove or delete) certain forms of speech from their network, including fake news? Explain why or why not.
5. What would be a Potter’s Box analysis of the press and President Trump? Demonstrate your understanding of this model by applying it to an ethical problem faced by the press regarding its coverage of President Trump.