· Why is the demand for healthcare different than other economic goods? Provide a healthcare example.
· Why is the supply of healthcare different than other economic goods? Provide a healthcare example.
· Find a news story about microeconomics? How do you know that it is about microeconomics? Can you identify a microeconomic healthcare issue?
· What is the marginal principal? Provide an example in healthcare.
· What is marginal analysis? What are some of the problems with this analysis and how does it differ between consumers vs. the government?
· Identify a key issue that healthcare managers face? Discuss why and how to overcome it.
· What are one of the three economic challenges that healthcare managers face today? Discuss why and how to overcome it.
· Identify a strategy used to control national health care spending. Discuss how effective the strategy has become. -Why are we concerned with rising health care spending? Why do we compare the HC cost to GDP growth?
· Why have health care costs been rising faster than overall growth in the economy? Could we change it?