Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Relate the requirements of CIPA, COPPA, and FERPA to First Amendment rights.
You are the systems administrator of a for-profit educational institution aimed at working adults. The institution’s library provides internet access to students, as well as their children while the parents are attending classes.
For this assignment:
- Research how the requirements of the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA), Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) relate to First Amendment rights
- Prepare a summary report that addresses the following:
- Bullet points of the requirements of CIPA, COPPA, and FERPA as they relate to the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
- Justification for why these laws might outweigh special rights related to free speech
- Course textbook
- Internet access
- Format: Microsoft Word (or compatible)
- Font: Arial, size 12, double-space
- Citation Style: Follow your school’s preferred style guide
- Length: 1–2 pages minimum
- I listed requirements of CIPA, COPPA, and FERPA as they relate to the First Amendment.
- I justified how each law might outweigh First Amendment rights.
- I created a professional, well-developed report with proper documentation, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- I followed the submission guidelines.