Part I: Choose ONE of the listed topics
- Implementing change on a nursing unit (Student must incorporate an example and a change theory)
- Leadership traits for successfully managing in the clinical arena.
- Quality improvement in the nursing unit or system
- Mentorship in nursing
- Preceptor programs for nursing leaders
- Solving incivility in the work place, How can a nurse manager help? (conflict resolution)
- Legal Issues within the nursing unit
- Promotion of ethical behaviors within the nursing unit (student must create a plan and implementation strategy)
- Nursing Unit Strategic Planning
- Compare and contrast the following new roles for the changing health care arena:
- Nurse Navigators, Clinical Nurse Leaders, and Leaders in Patient-Centered Care
Part II: Evaluate how the topic applies to TWO of the following course competencies.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Leadership traits for successfully managing in the clinical arena
- Integrate concepts related to leadership into the professional nursing role.
- Analyze the philosophy, goals, and organizational structure of a healthcare system in relationship to the delivery of quality healthcare.
- Compare selected theories of leadership, management, and organizations in relation to healthcare agencies.
- Identify how collaborative leadership styles might be utilized in various community agencies to enhance the role of the nurse leader.
- Examine change theory, change management, conflict resolution, and strategies to promote innovation.
- Explain principles of continuous quality improvement (CQI) and the process of quality planning, improvement, and control.
- Discuss the management process and its impact on the delivery of optimal healthcare.
- Analyze how accountability, advocacy, and collaboration augment the management of care.
- Describe the meaning of teamwork in respect to the health care team
- Identify the essential components of a business plan
- Analyze various organization structure/management theories as they relate to nursing practice
In addition to the assignment specifics above, your paper should:
- Be 3-4 pages, not including the title and reference pages.
- Source(s) should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use in-text citations pointing to evidence in the literature that supports your ideas.
- Incorporate a minimum of two (2) peer-reviewed sources into your paper.
- Use current APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources.
- Include a title page and a reference page listing the sources you used. Be sure to plan enough time for proofreading and editing