The purpose of this assignment is to assess leadership styles, traits, and practices as a nursing professional, establish the importance of effective interprofessional communication as a leader in nursing, and to explore the role of servant leadership in nursing practice.
As a group, review the study materials related to servant leadership. Using what you have learned about the tenets of servant leadership and traits and practices of successful leaders, create a 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes. Add an additional slide for references at the end of your presentation.
Include the following in your presentation:
1. Create a slide that summarizes your leadership style, traits, and practices.
2. Compare the personal leadership styles, traits, and qualities of your group members, including commonalities between group members’ strengths and weaknesses.
3. Explain why it is important for nursing professionals to be aware of their personal leadership style, traits, and practices.
4. Discuss what leadership traits and styles are necessary to be an effective communicator. Explain the importance of leaders adapting communication approaches when working interprofessionally (across ancillary departments, vendors, community members).
5. Discuss how nursing professionals can benefit from integrating the tenets of servant leadership to empower and influence others as they lead.
6. Discuss how leaders who practice servant leadership and have a strong understanding of their personal leadership traits can successfully lead others and navigate the unique challenges that are part of nursing and health care. Provide two examples that illustrate your main ideas.