Watch the Kotter Change Management Model video for help getting started on this assignment.
Using your approved company, apply Kotter’s eight steps of change management to an HR situation you have selected for change. You will address all eight of the Kotter steps, developing an action plan for each step. Use a tablet, smartphone, laptop, desktop, or traditional video recorder to record a maximum of a 5–7-minute dynamic video on the topics detailed below. Alternatively, you may submit a 4–6-page paper instead of the video submission.
Prepare and present a video that is a maximum of 5–7-minutes or write a 4–6-page paper in which you:
- Ascertain how each of the steps applies to your specific organization.
- Develop a strategy that illustrates how you would address each of the eight stages of change:
- Establishing a sense of urgency.
- Creating a coalition.
- Developing vision and strategy.
- Communicating the vision.
- Empowering broad-based action.
- Generating short-term wins.
- Consolidating gains and producing more change.
- Anchoring new approaches into the culture.
- Use at least four quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
If you choose to submit a video presentation, please also submit a one page summary of your presentation.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop strategies for managing human resources changes based on a change management model.