Imagine that you are the senior vice president for human resources in a large telecommunication company. Your company has a very diverse workforce, ranging from engineers, salespeople, accountants, and call center representatives in both U.S. and other countries in Asia and South America. You believe that the best asset of the company is its employees, including the contractors, in the company. However, you are under pressure to control and reduce overhead costs and at the same time increase the productivity of the workforce. As a solution to your issues, you are considering ERP solutions for your company.
Note: You may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a six to seven (6-7) page paper in which you:
- Determine the necessary business processes and functions needed to meet the goals of the head of the Human Resources Department.
- Determine the data needed for the ERP solution.
- Choose the vendor product (e.g., SAP, Oracle) to implement in the company and provide a rationale for the ERP solution.
- Explain whether to consider an onDemand solution such as SuccessFactors, and specify the pros and cons of this kind of solution.
- Explain how the HR ERP system would interact with other ERP modules such as those implemented in the sales and accounting departments.
- Create a diagram through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia that illustrates the interaction among other ERP systems in the company. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Speculate the potential ethical implementations in the implementation and how to mitigate the associated risks (e.g., privacy).
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.