Learning Goal: I’m working on a english question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
First assignment -Rick is a healthy 17-year-old high school student who is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 205 pounds. He has decided to “get a six-pack” over the summer with a diet and exercise program. As part of his new plan, he has stopped drinking soda and is eating more salads in addition to his usual diet. Besides these changes, he is unclear on how to proceed to reach his fitness goal. Rick’s mother wants to make sure his approach will not interfere with his normal growth and development and has asked him to seek reliable information to help him make a reasonable plan.
- Use the “How to” feature on page 244 to calculate Rick’s BMI. Then use Table 8-4 to determine his weight category.
- Using the BMI table (Table 8-4) and information in the “How to” feature on page 244, what would be a reasonable BMI for Rick to initially target? What is his initial weight goal based on this desired BMI? How many pounds will Rick need to lose to reach this goal? Explain how you arrived at your answer.
- Use the formula provided in this chapter (p. 236) to calculate Rick’s basal metabolic rate (BMR) at his current weight of 205 pounds. Remember to convert his weight to kilograms and his height to centimeters (see the “How to” on p. 240 for conversion factors; recall that 1 m = 100 cm).
- Rick plans to begin light to moderate weight lifting for an hour 3 days a week and swim at a moderate pace for 30 minutes another 3 days a week. Use Table 8-2 to calculate the kcalories he can expect to expend doing each of these activities at his current weight. Based on these numbers and assuming Rick takes one day off from exercise each week, calculate the average number of daily calories that Rick can expect to expend doing these activities.
- Rick’s Estimated Energy Requirement (EER) is approximately 3550 calories per day. How would you use this information along with the calculations you made for his BMR and daily kcalorie expenditure from physical activity to help him set a reasonable daily calorie goal for weight loss? Explain your answer.
- As Rick proceeds to lose weight and increase his muscle mass with exercise, what other measurements besides BMI and weight may more accurately reflect his progress? Explain your answer
second assignment-Christine C. is a 49-year-old nurse who works full-time at a senior health care center. She is 65 inches tall and her usual weight is 150 pounds. Over the past year, Christine has gained 12 pounds although she is not aware of any major changes in her eating or exercise habits. She has set a goal to eat three balanced meals a day with no more than 500 calories per meal. Christine is tired and hungry from a long day at work. She is trying to decide between the following items for a quick and easy dinner:Canned beef chili with beans: 1 cup (247 grams), 305 calories, 11 grams fat, 6 grams dietary fiber, and 18 grams protein.Canned lentil vegetable soup: 1 cup (205 grams), 130 calories, 3 grams fat, 5 grams dietary fiber, and 6 grams protein.Cornbread: 1 piece (78 grams), 290 calories, 13 grams fat, 1 gram dietary fiber, 3 grams protein.Sprouted whole-wheat bread: 2 slices (45 grams), 100 calories, 2 grams fat, 5 grams dietary fiber, 6 grams protein.
- Use the formula discussed in this chapter to calculate the energy density of the four foods Christine is considering for dinner.
- Based on these calculations, which two foods provide the fewest calories “per bite”? Which two provide the most calories “per bite”?
- How might Christine use this information about energy density to help her select a satisfying meal within her calorie goal?
- What are some reasonable meals that Christine could prepare from these foods that would help her stay within her kcalorie goal? (Use at least 2 of the 4 foods listed.)
- What other foods might Christine consider adding to these convenience foods to create a more balanced meal that remains low in energy density?
- How might Christine use the serving size information on the Nutrition Facts label to help her with meal planning?
Third Assignment- Research a company that sells either fitness or health and wellness products designed to reduce stress. Develop a critique about the quality of the product and credibility of the claims. Be sure to address the following questions in the narrative:-Who does the company want as the customer? How do you know this?-What does the website/product promote that these product(s) will do? -As an informed consumer, do the benefits outweigh the risks of this product? Justify why or why not.( 700 -1000 word minimum)
share your personal thought about the video. You may express yourself about any aspect of the video, but it must be from “your” prospective.
(500 words )