This work of this assignment is based on the five studies you retrieved from the database search in Written Assignment 2.
Draft a critical appraisal of each of the five studies.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
How to help prevent pressure ulcers in hip fractures
Just from $13/Page
- Review and summarize each study for appropriate measures of validity, reliability, and applicability based on the type of study/evidence you have compiled.
- Use the rapid clinical appraisal tools found in Melnyk and Fineout-Overholt, Appendix B, that are appropriate for the level of evidence that you are appraising.
- Complete an evaluation/synthesis table for all of the studies. An example of a template can be found in Appendix C.
- Conclude the appraisal by including a summary statement, relevant to practice, from the reviewed literature that identifies the strength of the evidence and the next steps to be taken with regard to your critical appraisal.
- If the evidence is strong, you should conclude that a practice change or review of practice is indicated.
- If the evidence is lacking or weak, you should conclude that you would add to the body of knowledge in this area by designing an appropriate research study.
Examples of evidence summary statements are included below.
Evidence Summary Statements and Examples
These statements are the synthesis into single meaningful statement(s) of the “state of science” (in other words, the relevant research that was found and synthesized in the CARERQ). The evidence summary statement is the part of the evidence synthesis that is most clinically relevant and concrete. Evidence summary statements should include:
- What intervention is performed (in broad terms).
- What the evidence states is the expected outcome of performing the intervention.