For this research paper, you will need to:
- Select two Fortune 500 companies (Links to an external site.) that target substantially different customer groups. For example, one firm may target Generation Z consumers and another firm may target consumers from the Silent Generation.
- Research the promotional efforts of each firm and outline key aspects of how each firm promotes its products or services.
Critical Thinking Conversation
- In terms of the 4 Ps, please explain the concept of promotions in your own words.
- How does promotion relate to the other Ps (product, price, and place) and to buyer behavior?
- Regarding the two Fortune 500 companies you selected, please compare and contrast how the companies use promotions. What are the similarities? What are the differences? How does each firm’s use of promotions contribute to that firm’s success?
The body of your APA-formatted report must be at least 500 words. An abstract is not required. Your report should include a cover page, cited references, and must include the following:
- Introduction: The introduction should introduce the topic to readers or provide enough background information so readers can understand the context of the paper. Although introductions should be included, do not use the heading, Introduction. The beginning is assumed to be the introduction.
- Overview: Summarize the concept of promotion and its positive impact on organizations and consumers. Provide a general overview of how promotional efforts can add value to organizations and consumers.
- Critical Thinking Conversation: Respond to the Critical Thinking Conversation. Start by sharing an overview of the two companies you selected.
- Debrief: Share your thoughts, opinions, and analysis based on your research. Please include reasonable assumptions that can be made about the different uses of promotions based on a firm’s target market and consumer behavior. (Do not use first or second-person pronouns.)
- Conclusion: The conclusion should revisit key points or perhaps discuss future implications of the topics discussed in the paper. Using the heading, Conclusion, signals to readers that the document is ending. (1)
Turnitin, an integrated plagiarism tool, will be used to screen all writing assignment submissions for this course. After you have reviewed the instructions and the rubric, complete your submission using the Turnitin Tool below. For assistance using the Turnitin Tool, please reference this guide on submitting a paper through Turnitin (Links to an external site.).