You are working as a marketing consultant and have been asked to undertake research into the promotional tactics of a UK based High Street Supermarket of your choice. Information is required on the practical promotional mix policies undertaken by the company. Your research should form part of a portfolio and could take the form of written summary, videos (provide hyperlink), website screenshots, pictures you take, and promotional campaigns you discover.
Include promotional activity that occurs:
- At customer facing touchpoints (i.e. store/ offices/ reception areas).
- In external spaces (i.e. advertising billboards).
- Via digital platforms (i.e. websites, social media).
- Through third parties (i.e. news articles, analyst reports).
(60 marks) 1800 words
Task one assessment criteria:
- Knowledge of relevant literature that would permit an understanding of affective marketing solutions. This will take the form of strategies and tactical plans that are supported by a sound information base.
- The ability to use creative marketing skills and knowledge in a practical and applied situation. The work should demonstrate intellectual originality and imagination.
Points to consider: Task one:
- The task requires you to be creative and use your marketing knowledge and skills so that the portfolio gives a broad picture of the promotional techniques used by your chosen company in a practical and tactical manner.
- A range of research needs to be undertaken. This is a creative task so there are few set boundaries to what you should include in your portfolio. However, note that the task is worth 60 marks and is therefore equivalent to approximately
N.B- It is strongly advised that you prepare an additional 500 words background related to the company’s marketing. This can be applied within the body of your assessment, but does not constitute part of the 3,000-word count.