Genetic History/ Genogram and Interpretation (25 points)
The assignment will include the following criteria:
1. Complete a Genetic Family History Form on an individual/patient of choice and attach as an appendix.
2. Construct a genogram and attach as an appendix.
3. Provide an explanation of the genogram by interpreting the family history.
4. Discuss patterns of the disease focusing on a single disorder/condition.
5. Research the literature on the inheritance and risk of the disorder/condition/trait.
6. Discuss factors complicating the interpretation, the overall risk of genetic disorder/condition/trait, and identify additional information needed.
7. The scholarly paper should be 2-3 pages excluding the title, reference pages, and appendices.
8. Attach the Genetic Family History and the Genogram as two separate appendices to the paper.
9. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion. Refer to APA manual to properly title the appendix.
10. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
11. Include a minimum of two (2) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old. The course textbook may be one of the references.
12. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).