In this course, you completed and implemented a Functional Communication Training (FTC) Plan. For this assignment, reflect upon your implementation experiences in order to revise your plan.
Part 1: Reflection
Reflect upon the implementation of the FCT and its impact on the student with ASD. In a 250-500-word summary, include the following:
- Summarize the targeted intervention goal/outcome and results of the implemented Functional Communication Training Plan.
- How did your experiences with implementing your plan and AAC improve program supports and services for the observed student with ASD? Identify in what ways you would alter your plan to meet the needs of the student.
Part 2: Revision
Now, having reflected upon your Functional Communication Training Plan and its implementation, revise your plan to incorporate identified areas of needed improvement.
Be sure to:
- Design and modify instruction, including an additional intervention goal/outcome that promotes effective communication and social skills. Incorporate additional or different assistive technologies to improve programs, supports, and services for your identified individual with ASD.
- Address how you will modify the instructions to enhance verbal and nonverbal communication in accord with the needs of your identified individual with ASD.
- Suggest and outline 3-5 next steps in continuing the use of the AAC and the use of communication supports at home.
Part 3: Revision Rationale
Include a 250-500-word rationale for your revision choices.
Support your revision rationale with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide