Class activity on Earth’s seasons will be given.
- Why do we have seasons?
- Please explain the factors the determines the temperature changes of four seasons
- When is Earth closer to the Sun?
4. Which are the reasons for the changing temperatures in the four seasons?
- Angle at which sunlight strikes the surface
- How long the sun shines on any latitude (daylight hours).
- Distance to the Sun
- What is the reason that the sun’s angle changes?
What is the reason that the length of the day changes?
- What is insolation?
What is Solstice?
What is Equinox?
- What is austral summer?
What is boreal summer?
- What is the time of the year, from
Upper left; Upper right
Lower left; Lower right
- What month does this graph represent?
- What locations are a,b,c,d,e,f? Choices: North Pole (90 N); Arctic Circle (66.5 N); Midlatitude at 40 N;
Tropical of Cancer, 23.5 N; Tropic of Capricorn, 23.5 S; Equator, 0 degree