Learning Goal: I’m working on a economics multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Submissions will provide a critical analysis of the problem using economic concepts, graphical and/or mathematical representations and be 1 page, single spaced, 11 pt font, in length. Grading criteria will include an assessment of writing quality including logical support, grammar, spelling and form.
Naoko Ishii: An economic case for saving the planet.
Economic topics that could be related to the analysis:
Public Policy for Natural Resources
- The Objectives of Public Policy
- Types of Public Policies
- Private Property Rights
- Government-Sponsored Incentive Policies
- Direct Controls
- Direct Public Production
- Market Failure/Government Failure
- Policy Centralization/Decentralization
Principles of Impact Analysis
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis
- Benefit-Cost Analysis
The Valuation of Natural Resources Measuring Benefits
- Active (Use) Benefits
- Nonuse (Passive) Benefits
- Measuring Costs