Eating disorders: facts myths, mysteries and controversies
• Select 2 review papers about eating disorders: facts myths, mysteries and controversies – overview of evidenced-based dietary interventions: Are interventions effective
• Summarize the articles in your own words. Use of quotes more than once or twice in your paper will be downgraded.
• Who is the audience for these articles? Professional people? Lay people?
• Was the articles effective in conveying its message? Why/why not?
• Would you recommend the articles to someone struggling with overweight, obesity or an eating disorder? Why or why not?
• What did you learn from the articles?
• Discuss two similarities and two differences from what you read in the articles compared to what is thought common knowledge.
• Turn in a copy of both articles
• Maximum 4 pages, 12 point font, double spaced
• Attach the rubric
Item Points Earned/
Possible Points Comments
1. Correct articles selected /15
2a. Articles accurately summarized /25
2b. Audience accurately described /10
2c. Effectiveness accurately described /10
2d. Recommendation accurately described /10
2e. What did you learn from the article? /10
2f Similarities and differences accurately described. /10
3a. Completed project assembled according to directions /5
3b. Free of typos/grammatical errors /5