Evaluate whether each of these statements is true (T) or false (F). For each statement briefly explain why the answer is either true or false. Please use complete sentences.
- The habitable zone around a star more massive than our Sun would be further in separation.
- Earth presently is the only planet in the solar system known to have plate tectonics.
- Without greenhouse gases, Earthʹs surface would be frozen over.
- The Sun generates energy primarily by nuclear fission.
- The Martian atmosphere was lost over time due to a reduced magentosphere.
- The Galilean Moons orbit Jupiter because they were gravitationally captured 100 million years ago.
- Solar-like stars are the most common type of stars in the Milky Way galaxy.
- An astronaut on a spaceship does a round trip to our nearest star at 50% of the speed of light. The astronaut experiences time slower compared to Earth’s time.
- The Turing Test has never been passed by any machine on Earth.
- Oxygen was abundant in Earth’s atmosphere when life first arose on Earth.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on