- Company overview
Write a short description of your chosen business or organization. Include information such as location, time in business, size of business (approximate), number of employees, products or services, business model etc. Include URL of website. Explain what the “one thing” is that might inspire passion or advocacy in employees and customers.
You may include: products, target markets, distribution channels, number of employees, length of time in business, market share, main competitors, offline marketing strategy etc.
- Define Your Brand Elements
- MISSION OVERVIEW
– Your core (this is your brand essence, your “heart and soul”)
– What should drive all communications
– Helps with internal communication
– Shows heritage and commitment
– Demonstrates a nimble nature
– doing what’s right for the mission
- MARKET POSITIONING
– Clearly define your niche and brand promise
– Understand how you fit into your competitive landscape
- BRAND ASSETS
– brand elements (logos, symbols, characters, packaging, slogans, trademarks)
– Logo variations
– Digital and print usage parameters
- Brand perception
- The basis for current brand perceptions by customer
- Perceptions of line and product extensions by customers and the distribution channel
- knowledge of the brand, awareness, and the strength, favorability and uniqueness for customers.
The goal is to find out what consumers think, feel and do about the brand and product category to identify sources of brand equity, and to uncover any problem areas.