1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of early and late development for boys and for girls?
2. Suppose that you just started working in a daycare for infants. You are concerned with providing auditory and visual stimulation that will be detectable and pleasant for the infants.
1. What are the visual capabilities and preferences of the neonate? of the 2-month-old?
2. What are the auditory capabilities and preferences of the neonate?
3. Compare and contrast Piaget’s views with Vygotsky’s views.
4. Suppose you are an elementary-school teacher. What developmental trends and individual differences in attention might be useful for you to know when you are making curricular decisions and developing individual learning plans?
5. Summarize research and conclusions with regard to how well IQ predicts
1. scholastic achievement
2. occupational success
3. psychological adjustment
6. Compare and contrast any two theories of language acquisition.