DEMONSTRATION OF PROFICIENCY
- Competency 1: Apply theories and best practices in strategic leadership to drive improvements for health care systems.
- Explain the importance of strategic planning within the context of an organization.
- Compare and contrasts strategic leadership against other leadership models.
- Identify key components of strategic planning.
- Explain the role and importance of the organizations mission and vision in strategic planning.
- Competency 3: Analyze the components of high performance teams to enable the achievement of the departmental strategic vision.
- Describe the role of stakeholders in strategic planning.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others and is consistent with health care professionals.
- Communicate presentation in a compelling and persuasive manner that encourages buy in from the audience.
- Demonstrate effective communication through writing and proper use of APA style.
- Communicate in a professional and effective manner by writing content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
For this assessment, you will be putting together a PowerPoint presentation within the context of a local health care organization. To prepare to complete this assessment you will need to complete the following:
- Identify a local health care organization of interest to you (this can be your current place of practice).
- Research the mission and vision of your chosen organization.
- Research key stakeholder within your chosen organization, as well as external community stakeholders if relevant.
Additionally, you will be required to record audio for your presentation. You may find it useful to review the following resources on PowerPoint and Kaltura:
You may use a different program or piece of technology, provided you can still create a presentation with visuals and recorded audio. You may wish to check with your instructor before attempting to use a different program or piece of technology.Note: As a professional best practice, and to make your presentation as accessible as possible, be prepared to include a text alternative for your recorded audio by providing a brief transcript or detailed notes with your presentation. (This practice is also helpful to ensure that you are recording the words that you wish to say.) Your notes or transcript can be included in the notes area of your presentation.