Data can be collected in a variety of ways. This assignment focuses on the use of an observational study, which we use every day but not necessarily in a conscious way as part of a predetermined evaluation process. The first part of the Observational Studies and Experiments video provides some insights into conducting an observational study.
We casually use observational data routinely in our day-to-day personal decision-making. It involves basing decisions on what we have observed. But what about a formal observational study? Can it provide the type of data necessary to facilitate effective decision-making?
- Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwfd8cf3_UY&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=MaestasMath
- Design and conduct a simple observational study to consider the questions brought up in the theory section above.
- In a 3-4 page paper:
- Summarize the observational study.
- Evaluate the information collected.
- Research the positive and negative aspects of observational data.
- Correlate the information from your research to what you experienced as part of your study.
- Provide a final analysis/recommendation regarding the use of observational data.